Monday, October 25, 2010

Super Hero Day @ St Mary's

What an experience working with the kids at St Mary's. I was extra excited because my group, was the gym group. Which meant we had to teach our own game to a group of kids. I was feeling confident before hand because I thought my game would be a lot of fun for the kids, and it was simple to understand. Since our theme was super hero's, I wore a super man shirt and played the game "Super Man Tag". I thought everything went OK, but we seemed to struggle a little bit with controlling the kids. All the kids wanted to do was run around! I had a problem with not being loud enough. I feel like I am being loud enough, but I am really not. John and Nicole were in my group and they seemed to have the same problem. It was difficult because there are so many things going on in the gym making it hard for us to explain a game and be loud. I definitely learned a lot from our lab. Other than the gym part everything went smoothly. I had a cape on that the kids loved. The cape attracted the kids to me, it was really fun. On the play ground I was playing tag with Kevin and about 4 little kids. As the game went on the a kid would touch the metal and claim he is safe because he is touching metal. Soon that would switch from metal to plastic. I thought it was creative of the kids for thinking of making the game more fun. I thought our lab ended with ended in a awesome way. Tracy's sound was great! And Ian's dance was fun. Kudos for Tracy and Ian for ending our lab in such a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment